Since I previously blogged about what may be overheard on the pickleball courts if Donald Trump was playing, I wanted to make sure I was an equal-opportunity blogger. Many political pundits have called the Summer of 2015 the “Summer of Trump.” The summer has been unkind, however, to several 2016 presidential wannabes — including Scott Walker, Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton — basically any establishment candidate for that matter. With that as a back-drop, here is what you may overhear on the pickleball courts if Hillary was playing.
Overheard on the Pickleball Courts
- I have been too “calculating” and robotic on the pickleball courts. Today I will start playing with more humor, heart and joy.
- Playing with my own paddle – instead of the USAPA sanctioned paddles – was allowed… but I made a mistake. I’m sorry for all of the confusion that has ensued. I take responsibility for that.
- I love it. I love it. Whenever I lose, the official score sheets disappear all by themselves.”
- Did I wipe the server? Like with a dink return or something?
- “What difference – at this point, what difference does it make who is serving?”
- There has been a vast hit-every-shot-to-our-backhand conspiracy that has been conspiring against me and my doubles partner since the day we announced we would play pickleball.
- The pickleball portable net system should consist simply of a plain arrow for the horizontal crossbar.
- Good idea. Remove the “W” from all “Wilson” paddles should Wilson become the official paddle of the USAPA.
- My husband was wildly successful as this country’s pickleball ambassador for 8 years. I look forward to becoming pickleball ambassador as well.
- Hopefully, J.B. will ultimately decide not to enter the tournament. He could be tough to beat.
So there you have it. Now, let’s wait and see where the political winds are blowing next November.
Republican Debate is Coming
With the second of the Republican presidential debates occurring next week, please subscribe to our newsletter so that you receive breaking news (in addition to tips, strategies, tournament recaps and more) on what is overheard on the courts when playing pickleball with Donald Trump, Jeb Bush and the other 2016 presidential hopefuls. It will certainly be interesting — and, hopefully, entertaining!
See you on the courts.
Todd is the talent behind PickleballMAX. He knows pickleball and demonstrates it on the court as a 4.5 – 5.0 player. In addition to creating content and running the PickleballMAX business, Todd is IPTPA Level II certified. As an instructor at the Ohio Pickleball Academy, he instructs students and runs adult and youth clinics. He also manages tournament desks throughout the tri state for tournaments ranging from 100-500 participants.