With the second Republican Presidential Debate slated for this evening, I thought it would, once again, be entertaining to pontificate on what you would likely overhear one of the 2016 presidential candidates saying if you happened across them on your local pickleball courts. This time we are profiling Jeb Bush.
Overheard on the Pickleball Courts
- Me encanta jugar pickleball.
- I love playing pickleball with my dad and brother at our cottage in Kinnebunkport.
- I am not a low-energy player.
- I was the official pickleball ambassador in Florida for 8 years. I have considerable playing experience.
- My brother has a great “strategery” that we can use when our opponents are stacking.
- I’m the tortoise in the pickleball match — but I’m a joyful tortoise.
- My dad is the greatest player alive. If anyone disagrees, we’ll go outside and settle it on the court.
- My mom said that we’ve had enough of our family playing pickleball — there are other families. I, of course, disagree.
- 4-1, 4-3, 4-5. I propose changing the pickleball scoring rules to incorporate these numbers in this order.
- We need to invite our “brother from another mother” and his wife over to play pickleball so that we can beat them in a spirited game – once and for all!
Please subscribe to our newsletter so that you receive breaking news (in addition to tips, strategies, tournament recaps and more) on what is overheard on the courts when playing pickleball with some of the other presidential candidates during the 2016 election cycle — including Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.
See you on the courts.
Todd is the talent behind PickleballMAX. He knows pickleball and demonstrates it on the court as a 4.5 – 5.0 player. In addition to creating content and running the PickleballMAX business, Todd is IPTPA Level II certified. As an instructor at the Ohio Pickleball Academy, he instructs students and runs adult and youth clinics. He also manages tournament desks throughout the tri state for tournaments ranging from 100-500 participants.