It’s that time of year – time to count our blessings and remember all those things for which we are thankful. Pickleball has, no doubt, blessed many – if not most – of us. With this in mind, here are 10 things for which I am thankful.
Top 10 Pickleball Things for which I am Thankful
- I am thankful for the continued growth of the sport.
- Piggybacking on the growth of the sport, I am thankful for the launch – and video streaming coverage – of the APP Tour, the PPA tour and Major League Pickleball. Each has given us visibility into how pickleball is played at the highest level.
- I am thankful that pickleball provides a “fun” way to stay in shape and off the couch. Each competitive game is comprised of approximately 750-1,000 steps and results in the burning of calories.
- I am thankful that pickleball is such a social sport. Several of my best friends have been made from the pickleball court. I couldn’t imagine a Saturday morning without them!
- I am thankful for the business opportunities that have come from pickleball – instructing, blogging, tournament directing, tournament desking manning and more.
- I am thankful for our local pickleball club and the board members and volunteers who give sacrificially of their time to make it the best club possible.
- While I haven’t played any tournaments in the last year, I am thankful that tournament competition has once again returned.
- I am thankful for new courts and pickleball venues that are popping up throughout the country more frequently.
- I am thankful for my students who have put their trust in my expertise and passion for the sport.
- I am thankful for all of you who read and engage with the PickleballMAX content. Thank you for liking & sharing information on social media. Thank you for making purchases from time to time.
While not on the official list, thank you to those of you who give a helping hand to those just learning to play, to those filling in when a group needs a fourth, and to those who give “solicited” advice.
These are, but a handful of reasons, for which I’m thankful. Now it’s your turn. How has pickleball blessed you? For what are you thankful?
See you on the courts.
Todd is the talent behind PickleballMAX. He knows pickleball and demonstrates it on the court as a 4.5 – 5.0 player. In addition to creating content and running the PickleballMAX business, Todd is IPTPA Level II certified. As an instructor at the Ohio Pickleball Academy, he instructs students and runs adult and youth clinics. He also manages tournament desks throughout the tri state for tournaments ranging from 100-500 participants.