It’s that time of year – time to count our blessings and remember all those things for which we are thankful. Pickleball has, no doubt, blessed many – if not most – of us. With this in mind, here are 10 things for which I am thankful.
Top 10 Pickleball Things for which I am Thankful
- I am thankful for the continued growth of the sport.
- Piggybacking on the growth of the sport, I am thankful for the launch – and video streaming coverage – of the APP Tour, the PPA tour and Major League Pickleball. Each has given us visibility into how pickleball is played at the highest level.
- I am thankful that pickleball provides a “fun” way to stay in shape and off the couch. Each competitive game is comprised of approximately 750-1,000 steps and results in the burning of calories.
- I am thankful that pickleball is such a social sport. Several of my best friends have been made from the pickleball court. I couldn’t imagine a Saturday morning without them!
- I am thankful for the business opportunities that have come from pickleball – instructing, blogging, tournament directing, tournament desking manning and more.
- I am thankful for our local pickleball club and the board members and volunteers who give sacrificially of their time to make it the best club possible.
- While I haven’t played any tournaments in the last year, I am thankful that tournament competition has once again returned.
- I am thankful for new courts and pickleball venues that are popping up throughout the country more frequently.
- I am thankful for my students who have put their trust in my expertise and passion for the sport.
- I am thankful for all of you who read and engage with the PickleballMAX content. Thank you for liking & sharing information on social media. Thank you for making purchases from time-to-time.
While not in the official list, thank you to those of you who give a helping hand to those just learning to play, to those filling in when a group needs a fourth and to those who give “solicited” advice.
These are, but a handful of reasons, for which I’m thankful. Now it’s your turn. How has pickleball blessed you? For what are you thankful?
See you on the courts.