Pickleball is a great sport that doesn’t require much equipment to play the game. However, if you’re a diehard player who’s addicted to the sport, there are pickleball accessories that you will want to have in order to be comfortable on the court.
These accessories will not only make you more comfortable, but they may be able to improve your game too. Plus, you will look more like a professional player sporting some of these items!
What Do You Get a Pickleball Player?
If you don’t play pickleball, but have a friend or loved one who does, you might be asking yourself, “What do you get a pickleball player?” This list of the best pickleball accessories will give you some great options that you can give as pickleball gifts. Your friend will appreciate any of these items to complement their pickleball game.
Pickleball Accessories that are Great for All Pickleball Players!
The following accessories are divided into the following categories:
- Accessories to Complement Your Gear
- Accessories for Your Game
- Accessories for Your Comfort
- Accessories for Your Health
Accessories to Complement Your Gear
Every pickleball player should have a bag to carry all of their gear. Pickleball bags come in different types, shapes, and sizes depending on your preference.
This GAMMA pickleball bag is roomy and useful. Its size is easy to carry and manage.
- Large primary compartment
- Small front accessory pocket to carry your keys and wallet
- 2 large side pockets to carry balls or water bottles
- Padded paddle pocket – holds up to 3 paddles
- Separate wet clothes or shoe compartment
- Padded adjustable shoulder straps
- Padded back panel
- Size: Measures 17H x 12.5W x 9D inches
In order to protect your paddle, it’s best to have a paddle cover. Paddle covers slip right over your paddle face and typically zipper around it to prevent it from scratching, chipping, or cracking.
Other covers enclose the entire paddle such as this sleek cover by Selkirk.
- Made of PU leather
- Interior lined with a thick and soft terry material
- Easy access zipper
- Size: 18 inches long x 9-1/2 inches wide x 1 inch deep
Holding multiple pickleballs while playing a game can be difficult. Sure, there are pockets in shorts or skirts that hold a ball, but what if you want to hold more balls, or what if you don’t have any pockets? That’s where ball holders come in.
Ball holders help save your back from constantly bending over to pick up a ball. This Hipster Ball Band is a great option. It straps around your waist so you can carry more balls.
- Stretchy belt material for a snug fit
- Comes in an adaptable black color
- Adjustable fit (comes in multiple sizes)
Accessories for Your Game
Most pickleball players want to increase their game on the court. In order to become a better player, you need to practice. Here are some recommended practice items that are bound to positively impact your game.
A ball machine is an investment, but it can take your game to the next level. Also, with a ball machine, you can practice on your own if you so choose. Tutor and Lobster are 2 popular ball machine brands. Both offer multiple types of machines depending on your needs.
- Offers both right spin and left spin
- Easy to transport with a tow bar and caster wheels
- Holds up to 125 pickleballs
- Offers customizable shots
- Ball speed up to 60mph
- Battery can last 2-3 hours, and also has AC models
- Size: 12 x 18 inches wide and 20 inches deep
- Weight: 30 pounds
Perfecting a shot takes practice. Hitting the ball right down the line between your opponents, or deep into the corner takes practice. Practice targets make practicing those shots a little easier. They give you a target to aim for on the court.
- Come with gaps in them making them harder to blow over
- They will collapse if stepped on
- Cones measures 9 x 5″
Are you having a hard time finding the correct paddle grip? A grip trainer attached to your paddle might help.
- Adjustable velcro/plastic
- Attaches easily to a paddle
Accessories for Your Comfort
If you are going to play multiple pickleball games every day, you might as well be comfortable while playing. Here are our recommended accessories to keep you comfortable on the court.
Gloves can help keep your hands warm on cool mornings and they can increase your paddle grip. They provide some cushion and control as you hold your paddle.
- Leather palm
- Padded thumb and index finger
- Hook-and-Loop wrist strap
Paddle grip enhances the tackiness and absorbency of your paddle making it easier to hold your paddle. Also, having a proper grip can enhance your game.
- Extra padding to increase comfort
- Center rib aids with control
- Tiny micro-pores to whisk away sweat
- Highly-tacky surface
Wearing the proper socks can help you move with confidence on the court. Performance socks help protect your feet from the rigors of playing pickleball. Depending on your need, there are many different styles of socks providing different height, comfort, and compression.
- Quarter length
- ClimaLite technology to wick away moisture
- Odor resistant
- Arch compression
- Made with 61% Polyester/35% Cotton/4% Spandex
Sunglasses can fall under both the comfort and health categories. They enhance your vision while playing in the glaring sun. They provide protection to your eyes from harmful UV rays. It’s also important to choose eyewear that will protect your eyes from errant balls while on the court.
- Seamless, one-piece lens
- Shatterproof lens
- 100% UVA/B protective
- Ri-Pel anti-moisture
- Soft rubber tips for grip and temple comfort
- Interchangeable lens system
Another way to stay comfortable on the court is by wearing a visor or hat. Visors not only block the sun, but they also can block sweat from dripping into your eyes.
Hats that cover your neck, such as a bucket hat, offer even better protection when playing on the court for hours.
- Engineered perforations to keep the air flowing helping you stay cool and dry.
- Adjustable chin strap
- UPF 50 sun protection
- Moisture-wicking sweatband for dry and cool comfort
Accessories for Your Health
Playing pickleball is great for your health. It provides great, fun exercise. However, being on the court for a couple of hours straight may take a toll if you’re not prepared. The following recommended items will help keep you at your optimal performance.
Staying hydrated on the court is important, especially on a hot sunny day. We recommend you stay hydrated with Jigsaw Health electrolytes. Jigsaw is a great alternative to chemical-filled Gatorade and Powerade.
Be sure to use code ‘PICKLEBALLMAX10‘ to save $10 on your purchase.
- Includes 800mg of Potassium
- Includes magnesium and trace minerals
- 3rd party label claim verified
Drinking enough water while playing on the courts is so important. However, drinking water out of plastic water bottles isn’t the greatest for you or the environment. A better option is an insulated water bottle made of stainless steel.
- 64 oz
- Made from durable stainless steel
- Vacuum insulated to maintain either heat or cold
- Copper-coated inner wall
- Top can be opened via a pop-up cap or by unscrewing the entire piece
- Handle allows you to carry the bottle or attach it to a bag
Braces and Compression Gear
Some players might experience sore joints when they play. A bad knee, ankle, wrist, or elbow can not only make for a painful game, but it can also impede your play. Support braces and compression gear may be helpful to use on the court.
OS1st is a proud partner of USA Pickleball. They offer a wide variety of compression gear.
- Made with soft Moisture-Wicking Fabric and silver ion technology
- Antimicrobial properties
- Easy-On Fit for Continuous Support
- Supports and Stabilizes the Patella
- Patented Compression Zone Technology
- Seamless Construction
- Improves Circulation
Who wouldn’t love a massage? Massages releases tension and allows for faster muscle recovery. Personal hand held massagers are great to use on the court after a long day of pickleball.
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- App-Guided Treatment Presets
- 5-Speed Range with optional App Control
- Travel Pouch
- Internal Lithium-Ion Battery (120 minutes run time)
- 4 Attachments: Dampen, Standard Ball, Thumb, Cone
- QuietForce technology
- Brushless motor
You can’t go wrong with any of these pickleball accessories. They should bring you comfort and enhance your game.