The 2023 pickleball tournament calendar is beginning to come into sharper focus. With the shortened season from just a few short years ago in the rear view mirror, 2023, looks to be another exciting year for both pickleball professionals and amateurs.
While we, obviously, cannot include every tournament below, here are the primary tournament events to add to your 2023 pickleball tournament calendar – including stops on the APP Tour, the PPA Tour, MLP and other tournaments with prize purses exceeding $25,000.
Upcoming 2023 Schedule for Pro Pickleball Tournaments
Let’s take a look at the 2023 schedule for the MLP as well as the 2023 stops on both professional tours (where amateurs can also play).
MLP Schedule for 2023
Let’s start with, arguably, the most exciting events scheduled thus far for 2023 – MLP (Major League Pickleball). In 2023, MLP will be expanding from 12 teams to 16 teams (including one team this is owned by Lebron James). The prize pool will also increase from $1 M in 2022 to $2.4 M in 2023 with the first-place team banking $100,000, the second-place team banking $60,000 and the third-place team walking away with $10,000.
Without further ado, shown below is the 2023 MLP Schedule:
- Jan 26 – 29, 2023: Las Vegas, NV – Darling Tennis Center
- March 23 – 26, 2023: Mesa, AZ – Legacy Bell Bank Park
- June 15 – 18, 2023: Los Angeles, CA – Sherwood Country Club
- Sep 21 – 24, 2023: Austin, TX – Pickle Ranch East
- Nov 2 – 5, 2023: Bradenton, FL – GT Bray Recreation Center
- Dec 7 – 10, 2023: Palm Springs, CA – La Quinta Resort & Club (End of Year Championship)
APP Pickleball Tournament Calendar for 2023
In September, 2022, the APP (Association of Pickleball Professionals) tour published its tournament calendar for 2023 – its fourth year. The 2023 tournament schedule which boasts 20 stops (down from 32 stops in 2022) throughout the United States (and one in Canada) will include four Majors and two Championships.
Here is a recap of each APP tournament stop in 2023:
- January 11-15, 2023: Punta Gorda, FL
- January 18-22, 2023: Boca Raton, FL
- February 8-12, 2023: Daytona Beach, FL (Major)
- March 1-5, 2023: St. Louis, MO
- March 15-19, 2023: Delray Beach, FL
- March 29 – April 2, 2023: Mesa, AZ
- April 26-30, 2023: Sacramento, CA
- May 3-7, 2023: Southern California (Major)
- May 10-14, 2023: Cincinnati, OH
- May 24-28, 2023: New York City, NY (Spring Championships)
- June 21-25, 2023: Canadian Tournament (Location TBA)
- July 12-16, 2023: Los Angeles, CA
- August 23-27, 2023: Philadelphia, PA
- August 30 – September 3, 2023: Chicago, IL (Major)
- September 6-10, 2023: New Jersey
- September 27 – October 1, 2023: Atlanta, GA
- October 4-8, 2023: Dallas, TX (Major)
- October 18-22, 2023: Houston, TX
- October 25-29, 2023: Hilton Head, SC
- November 29 – December 3, 2023: Mesa, AZ (Fall Championships)
For any updates throughout 2023, check out the APP Schedule on their website.
PPA Pickleball Tournament Calendar for 2023
The PPA (Pro Pickleball Association) – a non-USA Pickleball sanctioned tour – also has approximately 20 stops scheduled for 2023.
While the official schedule has not been published, here is a breakdown of the stops that are currently scheduled in 2023 for the PPA Tour:
- January 12-15, 2023: PPA Masters, Rancho Mirage, CA
- February 1-5, 2023: PPA Desert Ridge Open, Phoenix, AZ
- February 15-19, 2023: PPA Arizona Grand Slam, Mesa, AZ
- February 23-26, 2023: PPA Indoor National Championships, Lakeville, MN
- March 9-12, 2023: PPA Florida Open, Holly Hill, FL
- March 23-26, 2023: PPA Austin Showdown Invitation Only, Lakeway, TX
- April 4-9, 2023: Built Red Rock Open, St. George, UT
- September 6-10, 2023: PPA Cincinnati, Mason, OH
For any updates throughout 2023, check out the PPA Schedule on their website.
Other Tournaments with Purses of $25,000+ in 2023
In addition to the APP and PPA Tour stops, there are a host of other tournaments to add to your pickleball tournament calendar in 2023. Here are additional tournaments that are offering $25,000 or more in total pickleball prize money in 2023.
- April 15-22, 2023: U.S. Open, Naples, Florida
- July 19-23, 2023: Beer City Open, Grand Rapids, MI (3-year partnership with the APP ended in 2022)
It’s, no doubt, going to be another exciting year for pickleball tournaments in 2023. While we have listed professional tournaments and tournaments with prize purses exceeding $25,000, there are many other local tournaments that offer a great experience with reasonable entry fees.
Now, go find some events near you and be sure to add them to your 2023 pickleball tournament calendar.
See you on the courts.